The invitation to biennial exhibition-contest “Zvilgsnis i save” (“Introspection”)
Biennial exhibition “Zvilgsnis i save” (“Introspection”) is a traditional event of contemporary of Lithuanian architecture, organized by Architects Association of Lithuania for the 7th time.
The aim of the exhibition-competition is to review and analyze current trends, to evaluate the quality of contemporary Lithuanian architecture, and to award the 5 best projects.
5 winners – authors of the best projects – will be awarded with a sculpture “1/5 Metre”.
The exhibition presents architectural projects (implemented and not implemented projects as well as awarded competition entries), designed by Lithuanian architects in our country and abroad during 2015-2016.
The exhibition is open to the projects of various scale and program, such as multifunctional complexes, public/cultural buildings and spaces, administrative, commercial buildings, housing, individual houses and urban visions. Student’s graduation projects and interior projects are not accepted. The works, which had been presented in previous editions of “Introspection”, are excluded too (except for the objects which had been presented as non-implemented projects in previous editions of the exhibition).
All the participants are invited to submit any quantity of their projects, designed or implemented in 2015-2016 online.
The exhibition will consist of an exhibition, a web-site with a virtual exhibition and a catalogue.
5 best projects will be selected by an international jury:
- Alberto Veiga (Spain / Italy) – co-founder, partner at „Barozzi / Veiga“. The winner of the 2015 Mies van der Rohe Award. European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture – Mies van der Rohe Foundation (Philharmonic Hall, Szczecin, Poland).
- Lukasz Zagala (Poland) – co-founder, partner at „Medusa group“.
- Katrin Koov (Estija) – Chairwoman of Estonian Union of Architects. Co-founder of „Kavakava“ prev. editor-in-chief of architectural magazine „Maja“ (Estonia).
- Martins Jaunromans (Latvia) –- co-founder, partner at „Jaunromans & Abele“. Runner-up for the National Awards of Latvian architecture 2016 (project „Dzintars concerts hall in Jurmala“).
- Clear concept, consistency and excellence of the design, harmony with the surroundings, appropriateness of the means (materials, textures, colors, details etc.), functionality;
- Innovativeness, originality (presenting new typology, invention or use of new technologies, discoveries in architecture’s style, “placeness” of the design);
- Impact on urban or natural environment (social, economical, environmental, visual, semantic aspects);
- Rationality and feasibility of the design, quality of ideas’ implementation.
The Awards evening will be held on 21st October 2016 in Kaunas (the venue will be specified later). It will finalize the Kaunas architecture biennial 2016 (KAFe 2016).
Before the Awards event there will be public lectures held by the Jury members.
Approx. 70 projects selected by the Jury will be published in a printed book. It will be presented during the Awards event.
Rūta Leitanaitė, curator – tel. +370 615 72309, e-mail. email@example.com